In-person programs and services available
Please note that we may have limited or changed hours of operations for our facilities during this transition period. We are currently providing programs and services to UC Berkeley students and UC Berkeley faculty, staff, retirees, and emeriti with the purchase of a membership.
Recreational Sports Facility
Beginning January 2024, the RSF Lobby is open to members or those seeking our services during the hours of operation of the Customer Service Center. When the Customer Service Center is closed, access to the lobby is open only to UC Berkeley students, RecWell members (faculty/staff/affiliate members), Cal Athletics staff, and uniformed AC Transit drivers. Members using the lobby when the Customer Service Center is closed may be asked to provide proof of membership through a physical ID card, digital image of their ID card, or receipt of membership purchase.
Any member that is disruptive or does not follow this policy will be asked to leave by staff. Failure to comply may result in arrest due to trespassing.
Racquet Courts are available on a reservation-only basis.
Memorial Stadium Fitness Center
Closed day before home games and all academic and administrative holidays. Closed for Spring Break. Will have extended hours until 11:00 PM on open weekdays from March 11 – April 2 during Ramadan.
Lap swim access only.
Golden Bear Recreation Center (GBRC) Pool
Lap swim access only.
Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pool
Day passes can be purchased in person at the Strawberry Canyon cashier booth.
UC Aquatics Center at the Berkeley Marina
The UC Aquatic Center and Boating Programs will open for students, faculty/staff and Community members in Fall 2023 on Friday afternoons, Saturday and Sunday, tidal conditions permitting. We are offering classes in Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Sailing and Windsurfing Classes and Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals (sign-up for rentals available 5 days prior to start time.)
Golden Bear Multi-Sport Tennis Courts (located on the Clark Kerr Campus)
Golden Bear Rec Center Multi-Sport Courts are now available for Recreation & Wellbeing members to reserve. Reservations are available from 8:00 a.m.—8:00 p.m, on Saturday and Sunday over the summer and daily during the academic year.
Current campus access requirements can be found here. Current campus masking requirements can be found here. Proof of vaccination will continue to be checked at our Golden Bear Rec Center for any individuals entering the lower gym corridor over the age of 5. We are continuing to require vaccine checks at this facility, since it hosts programming with children under 5 years old (who are not yet vaccine eligible).
Additional Requirements and Policies
- We ask individuals to respect the physical space of others and be respectful of all equipment, patrons, and staff.
- Complimentary day lockers are available and storage lockers are available for purchase. Learn more about locker offerings. No bags/personal items are allowed into the workout spaces. Recreation & Wellbeing is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Towels are not available. Bring your own workout towel.
- Personal water bottles are recommended. Water must be in a spill-proof, unbreakable, re-sealable container.
- No in-and-out privileges for lap swim. No re-entry upon exit.
- Any participant displaying symptoms of illness may be asked to leave the facility.
- Failure to comply with policies and guidelines, facility signage, and staff instruction may result in removal from a facility, a membership suspension, or membership revocation.
Is Recreation & Wellbeing reopening its facilities to non-UC Berkeley affiliated community members?
Beginning June 1, 2022, we are excited to welcome back members of the broader community to purchase the following: day passes at the Golden Bear Rec Center (GBRC) and Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pools, personal training sessions, instructional fitness classes, and Adventures equipment rentals. We’ve missed you, and are excited to have you back!